A spot that holds its consistent optimism and open mind, while being surrounded by the craziness and uncertainty of reality.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Autumn Days and Delicious Treats

I could not be happier with the Summer coming to an end and the arrival of Autumn.  
There is nothing better than getting my coffee, throwing on my slippers, a hoodie & possibly a scarf and heading out to the porch for a refreshing morning with my husband and dogs.

In the next few weeks we will be apple picking - can not wait for some delicious treats!
I do make a banging apple pie, but I can not take credit for the recipe... gotta thank mom!

This year I want to try out a few different types of apple recipes. 

For starters, this apple float is looking pretty fantastic:


Next, you gotta get your hands on this recipe.



Everyone enjoys a different type of topping.
With this recipe, it's easy for you to cater to each of your guests with either the traditional lattice, a full crust with a pretty flower design cut out, or the crunchy crumb bits.
(My personal fav is the crumbly kind)



If you have an awesome recipe involving apples, please share!

1 comment:

  1. These treats look delicious. I will definitely be trying them this fall.

    ReplyDelete